Sunday, August 17, 2008

NORTHWOOD MARCHING CHARGERS UPDATE

Our Marching Charger Band will enter its 2nd and final week of band camp on Monday Aug. 18th. I haven't personally heard or seen the band (due to being threatened by my freshman daughter) however, I have "heard through the grapevine" that they are sounding extremely well. I have been told this from two different sources. It is exciting.

I am looking forward to our Friday night preview and band picnic. To make things even more exciting, I have confirmation from the George family and from Chris Hooft that they will be willing to assist in working the serving tables so our band parents won't miss the preview. Hats off to our alumni parents who continue to support our band program!!

To the students. I know you are working hard and it seems that camp and practice last forever. But I promise you that when you hit the field for the 1st time and you hear Mr. C and your parents tell you how proud they are of you, it will be worth every minute of it. The season will fly by so fast, you will wonder where it went. Take time to soak it up and enjoy!

As you all know, UNC home football season begins on Saturday Aug. 30th. Many of you have signed up to work. If you haven't, please do so ASAP. I will be assigning stands to the work groups soon. If you have a friend or someone who you "must" work with, please drop me an e-mail ASAP @ legacymillwork@mindspring.com and give me the information. I won't promise that I can work out every request, but I do promise to do my best. The game time for the UNC game on Aug. 30th is 6 PM. This will require our workers to be at Kenan Stadium around 3 PM. Gates will open at 4 PM. We have to be in position and ready to rock by 3:45 pm. I will be passing out more details before the 30th.

If anyone has information that they wish to post to the blog, please forward it to me at my e-mail address.

Go MARCHING CHARGERS!!!!

Richardson

No comments: